Columns

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 16, 2010

  • Yep, they were all "Lookin at Lucky" from behind as they approached the finish line at the Preakness on Saturday.  "Super Saver" must have been saving it for another day. He finished eighth.  Bob Baffert, trainer of Lucky, credits a switch in riders for the improved performance.
  • I was very happy to see that Bob Costas finally found someone his size to interview----he could look those jockies right in the eyes!

  • This is being written prior to the NBA game between the Boston Celtics and Orlando Magic. My money is on the Celtics today but watch out for a tough series.  Monday night the Suns and Lakers get together.  Fingers crossed for the Suns.
  •  
  • Sunday on the prairie is lovely today.......no rain at the moment; big fluffy clouds; no thunder boomers....rainbows were arching yesterday but no pots of gold appeared.
  •  
  • If you have a decent (serious and workable) solution to the border problems, share it with me.  I have tried for years to figure out an equitable and acceptable solution that would work.  So far, no luck.  And I am not liking the Arizona solution.
  •  
  • I hope you--and Elena Kagan--are resting up today for the week ahead.  She definitely has her work cut out for her but so far, so good. 

  • Well, BP has not made any progress on the Gulf of Oil.  And reports are that another off-shore rig is showing the same problem that led to the blowout of the first rig.  I am really glad to know that Halliburton is on the case.  Wonder how much they are making off this deal?  Maybe that is one reason Mr. Cheney is keeping his mouth shut at the moment.
  •  
  • Enjoy the rest of the weekend and remember that we will be on News Watch tomorrow.
  •  


1 comment:

Fred Middleton said...

It's hard to believe the obituarist project is 10 years successful! Congratulations on turning your idea into an international forum.

I enjoy your musings, and would love to see you, but my travels these days don't get me to the "prairie." Sounds as though you are doing well in your new surroundings -- which are not so new anymore, I guess.